Travelers to Morriston will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Appleton Museum of Art, Paddock Mall, and Don Garlits Museum of Racing.
- You'll find 68 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ocala
- The closest major airport is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 19 mi (30.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Morriston
Places to visit in the larger region include Rainbow Springs State Park, Petting Zoo Ocala, and Stone Creek Golf Club. Additionally, you'll find El Diablo Golf & Country Club and Sholom Park in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Morriston, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 69 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocala FL is located 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the heart of Morriston. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ocala can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center is 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from central Morriston. This 2-star hotel in Ocala features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
- Comfort Suites is 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the center of Morriston. This 2.5-star hotel in Ocala features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Paddock Mall, 21.8 mi/35.1 km from the heart of the city, and Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, which is 21.9 mi/35.2 km away.
Dressing for Morriston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 50.79 inches of rain falls on Morriston each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F