Visiting Moss Point
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Moss Point, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and cafés. Top sights in the area include Biloxi Lighthouse and Beauvoir-The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library.
- You'll find 550 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Biloxi
- The closest major airport is in Mobile, AL (MOB-Mobile Regional), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 35.4 mi (56.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moss Point
A favorite place to visit in the city is Gulf Coast Gator Ranch and Airboat Swamp Tours. You'll also find Mississippi National Golf Club and Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife Refuge in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Moss Point. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Moss Point - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Holiday Inn Express Moss Point - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Moss Point - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Bellingrath Gardens and Home, located 22 mi (35.5 km) from the city center, and Mobile Botanical Gardens, which is 23.5 mi/37.9 km away.
Dressing for Moss Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- About 64.92 inches of rain falls on Moss Point each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F