Families will find kid-friendly activities in Murfreesboro, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include Grand Ole Opry, Tennessee State Capitol, and Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- You'll find 1417 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nashville
- The closest major airport is in Smyrna, TN (MQY), 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nashville, TN (BNA-Nashville Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Murfreesboro
Cultural venues in the city include Oaklands Historic House Museum, Cannonsburgh Village, and Bradley Academy Museum. Notable city landmarks like Fortress Rosecrans and Stones River National Battlefield might be worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Stones River Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Murfreesboro. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville SE Murfreesboro - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private living room. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Residence Inn Nashville SE/Murfreesboro - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard Nashville SE/Murfreesboro - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
A top sight in the surrounding area is The Hermitage, located 26.9 mi (43.2 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Murfreesboro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Murfreesboro gets about 52.13 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F