Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Myvatn, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its northern lights.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Myvatn
- The closest major airport is in Akureyri (AEY), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Myvatn
The lakeside and northern lights exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Dimmuborgir and Hverfjall Crater. You'll also find Myvatn Nature Baths and Namafjall in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Myvatn. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fosshotel Myvatn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and room size.
- Guesthouse Stöng and Cottages - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this guesthouse. This 2.5-star guesthouse features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Sel-Hotel Myvatn - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and room size.
Dressing for Myvatn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 36°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 57°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 57°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 44°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Myvatn gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 56°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 25°F