Visitors can enjoy all that Nevada has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nevada
Places to visit in the larger region include Octagon Center for the Arts, Main Street Cultural District, and Hilton Coliseum. In the area, you'll also find Jack Trice Stadium and Brunnier Art Museum.
As you start planning your visit to Nevada, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 19 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Gateway Hotel and Conference Center is located 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the heart of Nevada. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ames can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Ames is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from central Nevada. This 2.5-star hotel in Ames features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Ames is 6.2 mi (10 km) from the center of Nevada. This 2.5-star hotel in Ames features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Nevada
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- About 35.83 inches of rain falls on Nevada each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 14°F