Visiting New Canaan
Visitors can enjoy all that New Canaan has to offer including the coral reefs and seafood restaurants. There are 155 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in New Canaan
Favorite places to visit in the city include The Glass House, Waveny Park, and Silvermine Arts Center. Additionally, you'll find Bartlett Arboretum and Stamford Museum and Nature Center in the area.
As you plan your vacation to New Canaan, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 54 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- HYATT house White Plains is located 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the heart of New Canaan. This 3-star hotel in West Harrison features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from central New Canaan. This 4-star hotel in Old Greenwich features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- East Norwich Inn-Oyster Bay, Long Island, NY is 22 mi (35.4 km) from the center of New Canaan. This 2.5-star hotel in East Norwich features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for New Canaan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 49.41 inches of rain falls on New Canaan each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F