Visiting New Freedom
Visitors can enjoy all that New Freedom has to offer including its sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and rural setting.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Harrisburg, PA (MDT-Harrisburg Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lancaster, PA (LNS), 32.3 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Freedom
A favorite place to visit in the city is Steam Into History. Additionally, you'll find William Kain Park and Greystone Golf Course in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Shrewsbury - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for New Freedom
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- New Freedom gets about 42.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F