Visitors can enjoy all that Newlands has to offer including its parks. Top sights around the area include Rum Point, Boatswain's Beach, and Stingray City.
- There are 436 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in George Town (GCM-Owen Roberts Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newlands
The picturesque setting of Governor Michael Gore Bird Sanctuary and North Sound exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Rum Point and Boatswain's Beach.
As you start planning your visit to Newlands, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 405 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort is located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the heart of Newlands. This 4-star resort in Seven Mile Beach features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Sunshine Suites Resort is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the center of Newlands. This 3.5-star hotel in Seven Mile Beach features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and quiet location.
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman is 14.3 mi (23 km) from central Newlands. This 3.5-star resort in Colliers Bay features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. Our customers like its convenient parking and central location.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Stingray City, located 7.5 mi (12 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Newlands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Newlands is 1.97 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 72°F