Visiting Newport Beach
Travelers to Newport Beach give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights in the city include Balboa Pier and Newport Pier.
- There are 509 hotels and other accommodations in Newport Beach
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newport Beach
Cultural venues in the city include Newport Sports Museum, Orange County Museum of Art, and Newport Harbor Nautical Museum. The beaches, sunsets, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Sherman Library and Garden, Corona del Mar State Beach, and The Wedge are worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Fashion Island is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Newport Beach, you'll find 509 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Villas at Pelican Hill Resort - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Newport Coast can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this motel. This 2.5-star motel in Balboa Peninsula features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Resort at Pelican Hill - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Newport Coast can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Other top sights in Newport Beach include Balboa Pier and Newport Pier. Top places to visit in the area include Huntington State Beach, located 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center, and Main Beach Park, which is 6.7 mi/10.8 km away.
Dressing for Newport Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Newport Beach gets about 9.96 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F