Visiting Nicoya Peninsula
Travelers to Nicoya Peninsula give high marks for the beaches and local tours. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Carrillo Beach, Samara Beach, and Tamarindo Beach.
- There are 1937 hotels and other accommodations in Nicoya Peninsula
- The closest major airport is in Nosara (NOB), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tamarindo (TNO), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nicoya Peninsula
Attractions like Monkey Park and Safari Surf School are fun for everyone, not just kids. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Carrillo Beach, Samara Beach, and Tamarindo Beach. Surfing, ziplining, and taking local tours are top activities, while sights to visit include Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course, Papagayo Golf and Country Club, and Los Delfines Golf & Country Club.
In Nicoya Peninsula, there are 1937 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Marbella - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean rooms.
- The Gilded Iguana Surf Hotel - Our customers like the WiFi and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Boutique Lagarta Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Nicoya Peninsula include Conchal Beach, Flamingo Beach, and Coco Beach.
Dressing for Nicoya Peninsula
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Nicoya Peninsula each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F