Families will find kid-friendly activities in Nokomis, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Venice Beach, Siesta Key Public Beach, and Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.
- You'll find 3436 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 31.2 mi (50.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nokomis
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Nokomis Beach, North Jetty Beach, and Casey Key. In the area, you'll also find Venice Beach and Siesta Key Public Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Nokomis. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Addys Villas - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Nokomis Sarasota Casey Key - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- A Beach Retreat - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 14 mi/22.6 km from the city center, and St. Armands Circle, which is 14.7 mi/23.7 km away.
Dressing for Nokomis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- About 50.55 inches of rain falls on Nokomis each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F