Visiting North Port
Visitors can enjoy all that North Port has to offer including the restaurants, coffeehouses, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, golf courses, and beaches. A top sight in the area is Venice Beach.
- You'll find 443 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 31.3 mi (50.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Port
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bobcat Trail Golf and Country Club, Heron Creek Golf Course, and Warm Mineral Springs Pool. Additionally, you'll find Venice Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in North Port. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Warm Mineral Springs Motel - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Warm Mineral Springs can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Budget Inn North Port - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit around the area include Arcadia Rodeo Arena, 20.4 mi/32.8 km from the city center, and Arcadia Opera House Museum, which is 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away.
Dressing for North Port
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- About 50.55 inches of rain falls on North Port each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F