Travelers to Oahu give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its Chinatown and local tours. Top sights in the city include Waikele Premium Outlets, Pearlridge, and Aloha Stadium.
- There are 2399 hotels and other accommodations in Oahu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oahu
Cultural venues in the city include Dole Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, and Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor. Attractions like Wet'n'Wild Hawaii, Honolulu Zoo, and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. Its Chinatown and temples are notable and landmarks include USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri Memorial, and Aloha Tower.
In Oahu, you'll be able to select from 2399 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Halekulani - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this resort. This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Real Select Vacations at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other favorite sights in Oahu include Waikele Premium Outlets, Pearlridge, and Aloha Stadium.
Dressing for Oahu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 62°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 64.25 inches of rain falls on Oahu each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 61°F