Visitors can enjoy all that Ochopee has to offer including the seafood restaurants and lakeside setting. The tucked away and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the area include Naples Pier, Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens, and Barefoot Beach.
- You'll find 1572 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Naples
- The closest major airport is in Naples, FL (APF-Naples Municipal), 42.8 mi (69 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 55 mi (88.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ochopee
Places to visit in the larger region include Everglades Area Chamber of Commerce, Everglades City Hall, and Museum of the Everglades. Additionally, you'll find Gulf Coast Visitor Center in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Ochopee, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 17 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Everglades Chickee Cottages - Ochopee is 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from central Ochopee. This 1.5-star campground in Ochopee features free parking and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bathrooms.
- Ivey House is located 19.2 mi (31 km) from the heart of Ochopee. This 2-star hotel in Everglades City features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort is 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the center of Ochopee. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Naples can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
Dressing for Ochopee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- About 54.72 inches of rain falls on Ochopee each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F