Visitors to Ocklawaha are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Appleton Museum of Art, Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, and Don Garlits Museum of Racing are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 70 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ocala
- The closest major airport is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ocklawaha
A favorite place to visit in the city is Carney Island Recreation and Conservation Area. Additionally, in the area you'll find Appleton Museum of Art and Silver Springs Nature Theme Park.
As you plan your vacation to Ocklawaha, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Ocklawaha House #778523 2 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom Home is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the center of Ocklawaha. This 2-star hotel in Ocala features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
- Spacious 1,900 sq ft Lower Level House, on 9 Acre Property.. Sleeps 4 , Plus. is 1.5 mi (2.5 km) from central Ocklawaha. This 2-star hotel in Ocala features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- The Real Florida Vacation is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the heart of Ocklawaha. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ocala can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Don Garlits Museum of Racing, 16.4 mi/26.4 km from the city center, and Ocala National Forest, which is 17.1 mi/27.6 km away.
Dressing for Ocklawaha
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Ocklawaha gets about 1.77 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F