Families will find kid-friendly activities in Palatka, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, gardens, and festivals. Top sights in the area include Castillo de San Marcos, Lightner Museum, and Old St. Augustine Village.
- You'll find 957 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Augustine
- The closest major airport is in St. Augustine, FL (UST-Northeast Florida Regional), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palatka
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Rice Creek Conservation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palatka Welcome Center and Ravine Gardens State Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Palatka. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Palatka - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Palatka Northwest - Our customers love the clean and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to see outside the city include World Golf Village, located 24.9 mi (40 km) from the heart of the city, and Ocala National Forest, which is 29.9 mi/48.2 km away.
Getting Around Palatka
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Palatka Station. Palatka may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Palatka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Average annual rainfall for Palatka is 49.49 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 49°F