Visiting Panama City
Travelers to Panama City give high marks for the beaches and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and festivals. Top sights in the city include Panama City Marina, Panama City Mall, and St. Andrews State Park.
- There are 3325 hotels and other accommodations in Panama City
- The closest major airport is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 51.1 mi (82.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Panama City
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Martin Theatre, Visual Arts Center of Northwest Florida, and Science and Discovery Center of Northwest Florida. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including St. Andrews State Park, Truesdell Park, and Shell Island. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Panama City Mall and Pier Park.
In Panama City, you'll find 3325 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Cape San Blas Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its bar and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Panama City include Panama City Marina, Tyndall Air Force Base, and Gulf World Marine Park.
Dressing for Panama City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Panama City is 57.32 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 45°F