Travelers to Papeno'o will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 90 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae), 22 mi (35.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Papeno'o
Places to visit in the larger region include Faarumai Waterfalls, Pointe Venus Lighthouse, and Black Sand Beach. In the area, you'll also find Mt. Orohena and James Norman Hall Home.
As you plan your vacation to Papeno'o, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 37 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Relais Maroto is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from central Papeno'o. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Papeno'o can enjoy access to a restaurant and a private balcony.
- Tahiti Airport Motel is 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the center of Papeno'o. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Faaa can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the heart of Papeno'o. This 4-star hotel in Punaauia features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Papeno'o
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 71°F at night
- About 68.74 inches of rain falls on Papeno'o each year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 69°F