Visiting Parris Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Parris Island has to offer including the museums, golf courses, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, restaurants, and monuments.
- You'll find 173 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Beaufort
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 33 mi (53.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Parris Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include Parris Island Museum, Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, and Legends Golf Course at Parris Island. In the area, you'll also find The Sands and Fort Fremont.
As you start planning your visit to Parris Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 444 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa is located 11.2 mi (18 km) from the heart of Parris Island. This 4-star resort in Hilton Head Island features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort is 11.5 mi (18.6 km) from central Parris Island. This 4-star resort in Hilton Head Island features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Simple Rewards Inn is 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the center of Parris Island. This 2.5-star hotel in Hilton Head Island features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Parris Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Parris Island gets about 47.95 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F