Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Philipsburg, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and live music. Marigot Market, Fort St. Louis, and Maho Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Philipsburg
- The closest major airport is in Philipsburg (SXM-Princess Juliana Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Case (SFG-L'Esperance), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Philipsburg
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Great Bay Beach, Cyrus Wathey Square, and Little Bay Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are University of St. Martin and Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Philipsburg. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holland House Beach Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- The Pasanggrahan Royal Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- L'Esperance Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Popular places to visit around the area include Marigot Market, located 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Fort St. Louis, which is 3.7 mi/5.9 km away.
Dressing for Philipsburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 75°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.46 inches of rain falls on Philipsburg each year
- October and September are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 74°F