Visiting Playa Azul
Visitors to Playa Azul are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Playa Azul
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 40.3 mi (64.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Playa Azul
Places to visit in the larger region include Pitahaya Beach, San Juanillo Beach, and Ostional National Wildlife Refuge. In the area, you'll also find Nosara Wildlife Rescue and Playa Pelada.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Azul Ocean Club Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Playa Azul
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Playa Azul each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 62°F