Visiting Playa Grande
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Playa Grande, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Top sights around the area include Conchal Beach and Flamingo Beach.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Playa Grande
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 28.1 mi (45.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Playa Grande
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Grande Beach and Ventanas Beach. In the area, you'll also find Conchal Beach and Flamingo Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Playa Grande. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Flor y Bambu Hotel Glamping - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Indra Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Cantarana - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Playa Grande
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Playa Grande each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 62°F