Visiting Playa Hermosa
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Playa Hermosa, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Hermosa Bay Beach, Coco Beach, and Flamingo Beach.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Playa Hermosa
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Playa Hermosa
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Hermosa Bay Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Coco Beach and Flamingo Beach.
In Playa Hermosa, there are 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Bosque del Mar, Playa Hermosa - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Mangaby - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Villas Hermosa Heights - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
A top sight outside the city is Conchal Beach, 14.8 mi/23.9 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Playa Hermosa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Playa Hermosa gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F