History buffs will enjoy exploring Ponce, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cafés, and live music. Top sights in the city include Parque de Bombas, El Museo Castillo Serralles, and La Guancha.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Ponce
- The closest major airport is in Ponce (PSE-Mercedita), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 38.9 mi (62.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ponce
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and cultural venues include Parque de Bombas, Casa Armstrong-Poventud, and Museum of the History of Ponce. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like El Museo Castillo Serralles, La Guancha, and Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza of Delights and Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadeloupe.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ponce. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort - This 4-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a golf course, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Holiday Inn Ponce & Tropical Casino - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino - This 3.5-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and overall condition.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Arecibo Observatory, 24.8 mi/39.9 km from the city center.
Dressing for Ponce
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ponce is 52.48 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 71°F