Visiting Port Angeles
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Port Angeles, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, beautiful parks, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and festivals. Top sights in the city include Lake Crescent, Olympic National Park Visitor Center, and Port of Port Angeles.
- There are 111 hotels and other accommodations in Port Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Port Angeles, WA (CLM-William R. Fairchild Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Victoria, BC (YWH-Victoria Inner Harbour), 30.9 mi (49.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Angeles
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Museum at the Carnegie and Feiro Marine Life Center. The parks, hiking trails, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Crescent, Olympic National Park Visitor Center, and Olympic Hot Springs are worth a visit. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Port of Port Angeles, Port Angeles Ferry Terminal, and Hurricane Ridge Ski and Snowboard Area are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Angeles, there are 111 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Domaine Madeleine - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour business center.
- Emerald Valley Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Port Angeles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Port Angeles gets about 25.39 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F