Visiting Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
Travelers to Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor give high marks for the bustling port and lively bar scene. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its live music and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Englewood Beach, Boca Grande Beach, and Manasota Beach.
- There are 923 hotels and other accommodations in Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Muscle Car City Museum, Cultural Center of Charlotte County, and Charlotte County Historical Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Bayshore Park Fishing Pier, Punta Gorda History Park, and A. C. Freeman House. The sunsets and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Englewood Beach, Boca Grande Beach, and Manasota Beach.
In Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor, you'll find 923 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Punta Gorda - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Sun Life Beach Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Pearl Beach Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Arcadia Rodeo Arena, 21.3 mi/34.3 km from the heart of the city, and DeSoto County Fairgrounds, which is 21.4 mi (34.4 km) away.
Dressing for Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor gets about 50.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F