Visiting Port Isabel
Visitors to Port Isabel are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and monuments. A top sight in the area is Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark.
- You'll find 1023 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of South Padre Island
- The closest major airport is in Brownsville, TX (BRO-Brownsville-South Padre Island Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Matamoros, Tamaulipas (MAM-General Servando Canales Intl.), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Isabel
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Boca Chica State Park and Brazos Island State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port Isabel Lighthouse and Museums of Port Isabel.
In Port Isabel, you'll be able to select from 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Rosa Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Port Isla Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this motel. This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Executive Inn and Suites - This 2.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
A popular place to see outside the city is Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, located 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Port Isabel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 25.79 inches of rain falls on Port Isabel each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 55°F