Visiting Punta Leona
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Punta Leona, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its rainforests.
- You'll find 452 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jaco (and vicinity)
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 39.5 mi (63.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Leona
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mantas Beach. You'll also find Hacienda las Agujas and Canopy Vista Los Suenos Adventure Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Punta Leona. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Punta Leona - This 3-star resort features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel Arenas en Punta Leona - All Inclusive - Our customers like the beach locale and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
Dressing for Punta Leona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Punta Leona is 72.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 62°F