Visitors can enjoy all that Rivas has to offer including the lakeside setting and museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 174 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Juan del Sur
- The closest major airport is in Managua (MGA-Augusto C. Sandino Intl.), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rivas
Favorite places to visit in the city include Yamil Rios Stadium, San Pedro Parish, and Anthropology Museum. In the area, you'll also find Jesus Maria Point and Maderas Beach.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Hamacas - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Rivas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Rivas gets about 46.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 69°F