Visiting Rothenburg ob der Tauber
History buffs will enjoy exploring Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its local tours, cafés, and museums. A top sight in the city is Rothenburg Town Hall.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 42.4 mi (68.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Imperial City Museum, German Christmas Museum, and Kathe Wohlfahrts Christmas Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Rothenburg Town Hall, Kirchengemeinde Heilig Geist, and Church of St. Jakob. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Burggarten is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Burg-Hotel Relais du Silence - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Middle Franconia can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Romantik Hotel Markusturm - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Middle Franconia features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel BurgGartenpalais - This 4-star hotel in Middle Franconia features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Getting Around Rothenburg ob der Tauber
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Rothenburg ob der Tauber Station. Rothenburg ob der Tauber might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F