Families enjoy visiting Roxboro though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, restaurants, and shopping.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Roxboro
- The closest major airport is in Danville, VA (DAN-Danville Regional), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Roxboro
The city's cultural venues include Kirby Cultural Arts Complex and Person County Museum. In the area, you'll also find Roxboro Country Club and Roxboro Motorsports Dragway.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Roxboro - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Roxboro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 45.39 inches of rain falls on Roxboro each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 26°F