Visitors to Sabanillas are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include National Theater, Gold Museum, and Jade Museum.
- You'll find 350 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sabanillas
Places to visit in the larger region include Church of Floralia, Establo San Rafael Natural Horsemanship Equestrian Center, and Church of Puriscal. You'll also find Peace Park and University for Peace in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Sabanillas, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 311 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Portal de la Montaña is located in the heart of Sabanillas. This 3.5-star lodge in Sabanillas features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Luisiana is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Sabanillas. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Santa Ana can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center is 14.3 mi (23 km) from the center of Sabanillas. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ciudad Cariari can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Sabanillas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Sabanillas gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F