Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Salvador, which is also known for its entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and live music. Top sights in the city include São Francisco Church and Convent of Salvador, Fonte Nova Stadium, and Museum of Modern Art of Bahia.
- There are 782 hotels and other accommodations in Salvador
- The closest major airport is in Salvador (SSA-Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salvador
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Modern Art of Bahia, Forte de Santo Antonio da Barra, and Castro Alves Theater. Attractions like Rolf Aquatic Park, Salvador Zoo, and Project Tamar Turtle Sanctuary are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like São Francisco Church and Convent of Salvador, Hill of Christ, and Church of Nosso Senhor do Bonfim.
In Salvador, you'll be able to select from 782 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aram Yami Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Santo Antonio can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Deville Prime Salvador - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Itapua features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Casa Inglesa Boutique Guest House - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Barra can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Salvador include Fonte Nova Stadium, Porto da Barra Beach, and Farol da Barra Beach.
Dressing for Salvador
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Salvador is 108.20 inches
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F