Travelers to Samana give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and tucked away setting. Top sights in the city include Cayo Levantado, Samana Bay, and Cayo Levantado Beach.
- There are 451 hotels and other accommodations in Samana
- The closest major airport is in Samana (AZS-El Catey Intl.), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Samana
The city's cultural venues include Whale Museum of Samana and Haitian Caraibes Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cayo Levantado, Samana Bay, and Cayo Levantado Beach. Other notable sights to explore include Rincon Beach and El Salto del Limon.
In Samana, there are 451 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 21 Palms - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Luxury Bahia Principe Samana - All Inclusive Adults Only - Our customers like the bar and quiet location at this property. This 3.5-star property features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 5 restaurants.
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado-All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star property, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Samana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Samana is 55.83 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F