Visiting San Antonio
Visitors can enjoy all that San Antonio has to offer including the mountain views and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Museum of Costa Rican Art, National Theater, and Gold Museum.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in San Antonio
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Antonio
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Museum of Costa Rican Art, National Theater, and Gold Museum. In the area, you'll also find Jade Museum and National Museum of Costa Rica.
As you start planning your visit to San Antonio, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 321 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- White House is located in the heart of San Antonio. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Escazu can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Hotel Luisiana is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city's heart. With a stay at this hotel in Escazu, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Studio Hotel is located 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Santa Ana can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include National Center of Art and Culture, 5.5 mi/8.9 km from the heart of the city, and Parque Nacional, which is 5.6 mi/9.1 km away.
Dressing for San Antonio
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on San Antonio each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F