Visiting San Carlos
Visitors can enjoy all that San Carlos has to offer including the lakeside setting and baseball games. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in San Carlos
A favorite place to visit in the city is San Carlos Fort. In the area, you'll also find Rio Frio Marina and Cano Negro National Wildlife Refuge.
As you start planning for your getaway to San Carlos, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 5 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Luna Del Rio is 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the center of San Carlos. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in El Castillo can enjoy access to free breakfast and 24-hour room service, along with free WiFi.
- Sabalos Lodge is located 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the heart of San Carlos. This 2.5-star lodge in Sabalos features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Hotel Lara's Planet is 24 mi (38.5 km) from central San Carlos. This 2.5-star lodge in El Castillo features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and room size.
Dressing for San Carlos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 62°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on San Carlos each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F