Visiting San Lorenzo de El Escorial
Visitors to San Lorenzo de El Escorial are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, forests, and monuments. A top sight in the city is Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- The closest major airport is in Madrid (MAD-Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas), 31.6 mi (50.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Lorenzo de El Escorial
The city's cultural venues include El Real Coliseo de Carlos III Theater and Auditorio San Lorenzo de El Escorial Theater. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen. The picturesque setting of Friars' Garden and La Silla de Felipe II exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in San Lorenzo de El Escorial. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Sercotel Los Lanceros - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a café, and parking.
- Hotel Miranda & Suizo - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour front desk, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Hotel Florida - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Royal Palace of El Pardo, 20.2 mi/32.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for San Lorenzo de El Escorial is 1.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F