Visiting San Rafael de Guatuso
Travelers to San Rafael de Guatuso will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 199 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in San Rafael de Guatuso
Places to visit in the larger region include Cavernas de Venado, Tenorio Volcano National Park, and Lake Arenal. Additionally, you'll find Rio Celeste Waterfall and Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to San Rafael de Guatuso, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Volcano Lodge and Springs is 14.3 mi (23 km) from central San Rafael de Guatuso. This 4-star lodge in Arenal Hot Springs features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa is 17.4 mi (27.9 km) from the center of San Rafael de Guatuso. This 3-star lodge in La Fortuna features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Los Lagos Spa & Resort is located 15 mi (24.1 km) from the heart of San Rafael de Guatuso. This 3.5-star hotel in Arenal Hot Springs features 11 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Dressing for San Rafael de Guatuso
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on San Rafael de Guatuso each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F