Visiting Sapelo Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Sapelo Island has to offer including its parks. A top sight in the area is Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
- You'll find 579 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sapelo Island
The picturesque setting of Hog Hammock Public Library and Blackbeard Island National Wildlife Refuge exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge and Ashantilly Center in the area.
As you plan your trip to Sapelo Island, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 321 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Leave the World Behind. Come to Sapelo Island is 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the center of Sapelo Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Brunswick can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North is 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from central Sapelo Island. This 3-star hotel in Demere Park features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse is located 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from the heart of Sapelo Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Brunswick can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Sapelo Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 75°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sapelo Island is 49.65 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F