Visiting Sault Ste. Marie
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sault Ste. Marie, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, shopping, and local tours.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Sault Ste. Marie
- The closest major airport is in Sault Ste. Marie, ON (YAM-Sault Ste. Marie Airport), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (CIU-Chippewa County Intl.), 13.1 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sault Ste. Marie
Cultural venues in the city include History Tower, Museum Ship Valley Camp, and River of History Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rotary Park and Crossings at Sault Ste Marie Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Sault Ste. Marie. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Best Western Sault Ste. Marie - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Budget Host Crestview Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Sault Ste. Marie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 7°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- About 33.07 inches of rain falls on Sault Ste. Marie each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F