Visitors to Saurbaer are sure to enjoy the restaurants and northern lights. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Skalafell Ski Area.
- There are 299 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 21.2 mi (34.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Saurbaer
Skalafell Ski Area is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Agricultural Museum of Iceland and Ullarselid -The Wool Hut in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Glymur - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Saurbaer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 48°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Saurbaer gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F