Visiting Savannah Beach
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Savannah Beach, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and cafés.
- There are 159 hotels and other accommodations in Savannah Beach
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Savannah Beach
The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Tybee Island Beach, Mid Beach, and Back River Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tybee Island Marine Science Center and Tybee Island Fishing Pier and Pavilion.
In Savannah Beach, you'll find 159 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Admirals Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Hotel Tybee - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and a poolside bar.
- Atlantis Inn - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Savannah Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 50.31 inches of rain falls on Savannah Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 41°F