Visitors can enjoy all that Seltjarnarnes has to offer including the northern lights and coffeehouses. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Top sights around the area include Hallgrimskirkja, National Museum of Iceland, and Reykjavik City Hall.
- You'll find 353 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reykjavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seltjarnarnes
A couple of favorite places to visit are Museum of Medical History and Grotta Lighthouse. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hallgrimskirkja and National Museum of Iceland.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Blue House B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Reykjavik City Hall, located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Perlan, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away.
Dressing for Seltjarnarnes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 55°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 48°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Seltjarnarnes gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F