Visiting Siesta Key
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Siesta Key, which is also known for its live music and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Venice Beach, Siesta Key Public Beach, and St. Armands Circle are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 3425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 44.3 mi (71.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Siesta Key
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Siesta Key Public Beach, Crescent Beach, and Point of Rocks. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Siesta Key Marina and Turtle Beach.
In Siesta Key, you'll find 755 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn On Siesta Key - This 3.5-star cottage features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, quiet rooms.
- Island House Beach Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this condo. This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Capri at Siesta - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Venice Beach, located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city center, and St. Armands Circle, which is 3.1 mi (5 km) away.
Dressing for Siesta Key
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Siesta Key gets about 56.18 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F