Visiting Silver Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Silver Springs has to offer including the parks, art, and museums. There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Silver Springs
The picturesque setting of Fort Churchill State Historic Park and Lahontan State Recreation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Fernley 95A Speedway and Tesla Gigafactory.
As you plan for your vacation to Silver Springs, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 18 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is 27.4 mi (44.1 km) from central Silver Springs. This 4-star resort in Reno features a full-service spa, a casino, and 12 restaurants. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Nugget Casino Resort is 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the center of Silver Springs. This 3.5-star resort in Sparks features a casino, 8 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Circus Circus Hotel Casino Reno at THE ROW is located 29.3 mi (47.2 km) from the heart of Silver Springs. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Reno can enjoy access to a casino and 7 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Grimes Point - Hidden Cave Archaeological Site, located 25.7 mi (41.4 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Silver Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Silver Springs gets about 3.27 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 22°F