Visitors can enjoy all that Sixaola has to offer including its monuments. There are 132 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bocas del Toro (BOC-Bocas del Toro Intl.), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sixaola
Places to visit in the larger region include Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Gandoca-Manzanillo, Calvin Byron Stadium, and Grand Beach. In the area, you'll also find Punta Uva Beach and Playa Cocles.
As you plan your vacation to Sixaola, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Le Cameleon Puerto Viejo is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from central Sixaola. This 4-star hotel in Cocles features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and WiFi.
- Cariblue Beach and Jungle Resort is 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from the center of Sixaola. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cocles can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel Banana Azul - Adults Only is located 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the heart of Sixaola. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star inn in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Sixaola
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 94°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- About 112.68 inches of rain falls on Sixaola each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 68°F