Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Sosua, which is also known for its bars and seafood restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Playa Dorada, Fort San Felipe, and Pico Isabel de Torres.
- You'll find 498 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Puerto Plata
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Plata (POP-Gregorio Luperon Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santiago (STI-Cibao Intl.), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sosua
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Sosua Beach and Playa Alicia. Additionally, you might want to add Mundo King Art Museum to your agenda.
In Sosua, you'll be able to select from 235 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Garden by the Sea - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a water park and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its pool and comfortable rooms.
- Gansevoort Dominican Republic - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this resort. This 4-star resort features a winery, 3 outdoor pools, and 3 restaurants.
- Hotel Voramar - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Playa Dorada, 7.8 mi/12.6 km from the heart of the city, and Fort San Felipe, which is 11.9 mi/19.2 km away.
Dressing for Sosua
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on Sosua each year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F