Visiting Southside Flagstaff
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Southside Flagstaff, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, college vibe, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights around the area include Lowell Observatory, Walnut Canyon National Monument, and Arizona Snowbowl.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Southside Flagstaff
- The closest major airport is in Flagstaff, AZ (FLG-Flagstaff Pulliam Field), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sedona, AZ (SDX), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southside Flagstaff
Lowell Observatory, Walnut Canyon National Monument, and Arizona Snowbowl are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Humphreys Peak and Oak Creek Canyon.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Southside Flagstaff. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Flagstaff - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn I-17 And I-40 - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Southside Flagstaff
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- Southside Flagstaff gets about 21.57 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F