Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sparks, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, top-notch restaurants, and bustling marina. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, entertainment choices, and cafés. Top sights around the area include National Automobile Museum, National Bowling Stadium, and Nevada Museum of Art.
- You'll find 92 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reno
- The closest major airport is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 25.5 mi (41 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sparks
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Outlets at Legends Sparks and Tesla Gigafactory. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Victorian Square and Sparks Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sparks. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Reno/Sparks - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Western Village Inn & Casino - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit in the area include National Automobile Museum, 2.7 mi/4.3 km from the city center, and National Bowling Stadium, which is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
Dressing for Sparks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 7.36 inches of rain falls on Sparks each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 23°F