Visitors can enjoy all that Spencer has to offer including the festivals, entertainment choices, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, golf courses, and riverfront. In Spencer, there are 6 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Spencer
Favorite places to visit in the city include Clay County Fairgrounds, Riverview Park, and Spencer Municipal Golf Course. Additionally, you might want to add Spencer Golf and Country Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Spencer. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spencer - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Hotel Spencer IA - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Spencer - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Spencer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 7°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- About 29.49 inches of rain falls on Spencer each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F